2017 has been a freaky year ladies and gentlemen…unpresented political climate, social conflict after social conflict, seemingly unwavering natural disasters…
And yet, we must and will press on.
On the upside; It has been a great year in music across genres, Netflix originals have been on fleek, the new Star Wars is out, and most importantly; your friends at The Deep End, Lovelife, and SoulOnBeat scored one of the dopest locations in San Diego to bring in the new year.
Here are 7 tips that will help you have the best New Years Eve Ever!
1. GET THERE EARLY: The gorgeous Coasterra venue is located at the end of Harbor Island Drive, one road in and one road out. Expect heavy traffic and plan accordingly. The valet at the venue is $7 but will fill up if you arrive too late. It is first come first serve. We are working on securing additional parking down the road and potentially have shuttles, more info to come. Music starts at 8pm.
2. DRIVE SAFE, PARTY SAFE: Please don’t drink and drive! We have a Designated Driver program for any DDs. Just let any staff at the bar or venue know and they will give you free water and soda for DDs. Uber, Lyft, and carpooling is a great idea.
3. COME IN CHIC, BRING THE FREAK: It’s New Years Eve, don’t hold anything back, bring that swagger and have some fun! There will be a coat check on site for $5. There are heaters galore at the venue and every part of the venue is roofed.
4. STRIKE A POSE: We’ve teamed up with the sparkle queens at Little Black Diamond to curate a most-freakishly fun activation.
The Le Freak N Chic Boutique will feature a pop up photo shoot and photo booth so you and your crew can get some professional shots to keep that social media game strong. Be sure to check out LBD’s faux fur coat line too!
5. THE MUSIC, CHIC + FREAK: The CHIC stage is one of the most unique dance floors we have ever had the pleasure of activating. It is a barge surrounded by water, has an amazing view of the skyline, and has a limited capacity. Once capacity is hit on the barge there will be a one in and one out policy enacted. We do anticipate the barge hitting capacity. There is a full bar and restrooms on the barge. We ask that you remain patient with our security staff if a line to the barge develops; safety is sexy.
The FREAK stage is a big hall with double sliding doors that open up into a huge covered patio. There will be plenty of satellite bars in every room and some lounge furniture to hang.
6. THE GOLDEN RULE: Treat the venue and the people around you, including staff, with respect and compassion. Everyone wants to have a great night, don’t be a jerk. Be proactive in encouraging positive vibes and if you witness any troubling activity going down, do not hesitate to alert a security guard or staff. We want a safe and fun zone for all.
7. AINT NO PARTY…WITHOUT AN AFTER PARTY: We got you covered fam… Directly after the NYE Party there will be an after hours in a secret location less than 5 miles from Coasterra. Address released the night of. No presales, cover will be $20. We will be going ‘til dawn and will feature Oscar P, CaliParis, Andrew Wilkinson and The Deep End and Lovelife residents. New Years Day event in the works too, TBD.
Tickets are moving fast for this one, don’t sleep on it. → Tickets
Let’s get freaky.